Thursday 10 March 2011

Live fast, wear short skirts

Live fast, wear short skirts, that's my motto. Well, sometimes I've got a bit too much on to live fast, or I'm feeling rather tired. But I stand by the short skirts bit. Or short dresses, or shorts. Basically, I like to show a bit of leg.
My thinking is, I like thigh-skimming clothes, but I'm not going to be able to wear them forever. There comes an age where it's just not appropriate, and I don't want to get to that point and regret not getting my legs out more when I had the chance. So I'm doing my damndest to make sure that doesn't happen.
Cleavage I'm not so bothered about, but I know I'll miss those high hemlines when they're gone. Having said that, I came up with this theory a good ten years ago, when I probably thought that 25 plus was pushing it a bit for anything above the knee, sartorially speaking. Now I'm heading into my late twenties (although trying not to think about it too much) and I reckon I've still got a few years in me yet.
So I was a bit perturbed to read about the latest advertising campaign from New Zealand-based boutique chain Suparette, which put plaques advertising their shorts sale on public benches, imprinting the message on to bare thighs. 
Thankfully, it doesn't sound like this marketing ploy has made it over here yet. But I'll be keeping a keen eye on Bristol park benches this summer. And if I can't sit down in public for fear of becoming a free advertising billboard, at least it gives me a good excuse to strut around in my short skirts while I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment